Prayer & Fasting
14 Days of Prayer & Fasting
Leading up to Imagine, join us in 14 days of Prayer & fasting from Thursday September 21 to Thursday October 5! This will be two weeks of stepping away from things in our lives that compete to be first, and instead choose to place God first and hunger for more of Him. To help you as you go through these 14 days are some resources and guides below.
Prayer & Fasting Guide
For maximum spiritual benefit, set aside plenty of time to be alone with the Lord. Listen for His leading. The more time you spend with Him, the more meaningful your fast will be.
- Begin your day in praise and worship.
- Read and meditate on God’s Word, preferably on your knees.
- Pray for His vision for your life and empowerment to do His will.
- Invite the Holy Spirit to work in you to will and to do His good pleasure according to Philippians 2:13.
- Return to prayer and God’s Word. [For a simple mid-day prayer, pray “Lord please help me to love you with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love others as myself”.]
- Take a short prayer walk.
- Spend time in silence or asking God for a deeper hunger for His Presence.
- Get alone for an unhurried time of “seeking His face.”
- If others are fasting with you, meet together for prayer.
- Avoid television or any other distraction that may dampen your spiritual focus.
When possible, begin and end each day on your knees with your spouse or family for a brief time of praise and thanksgiving to God. Longer periods of time with our Lord in prayer and study of His Word are often better spent alone.
***Excerpt from 7 Basic Steps to Successful Prayer and Fasting by Bill Bright
14 Day Reading Plan
Meditate on God’s word! Each day below are key prayers from Scripture to help us pray according to God’s Word through this time. By returning to them across the 14 days, these prayers can shape our heart, our hungers, and align us to praying for the things on God’s Heart.
Day 1: Matthew 6:9-13
Day 2: Ephesians 1:15-21
Day 3: Ephesians 3:14-21
Day 4: Colossians 1:9-14
Day 5: Philippians 1:9-11
Day 6: Psalm 23
Day 7: Matthew 6:9-13
Day 8: Ephesians 1:15-21
Day 9: Ephesians 3:14-21
Day 10: Colossians 1:9-14
Day 11: Philippians 1:9-11
Day 12: Psalm 23
Day 13: Matthew 6:9-13
Day 14: Ephesians 3:14-21